Senior Consulting Program Manager
Directed complex consulting programs and implementation projects utilizing Autodesk software for strategic global accounts. Provided project leadership, strategic direction, financial management, communication, and implementation services throughout the project lifecycle which ensured the overall success for each engagement.
- Managed a multi-year, in-depth Product Maturity Assessment for a top-10 engineering firm, working directly with C-Level decision makers to identify best practices and capture gaps in workflows, knowledge, and maturity as related to organizational change which resulted in 2.5x operational efficiency increase.
- Led an interdisciplinary team of solution architects, business analysts, programmers and technical specialists in support of a $3 million electrical substation design and modeling effort for one of the largest utilities in the United States, with the final solution becoming an industry standard emulated nationwide.
Senior Project Manager
A key contributor to corporate growth and success for a global engineering software company. As one of the first four project managers at the entire company, created processes and procedures to help the Professional Services team grow significantly into a global organization with over 500 people.
- Managed a highly successful end-to-end, multi-stage Oracle deployment of a knowledge management system for engineering documents and associated information in a distributed, global cloud environment with 1,000’s of users. Mission-critical documents are available instantaneously, with a 4x ROI and $800,000 annual savings.
- Directed the implementation of a SaaS cloud-based ERP asset management solution for a multinational owner-operator. The resulting deliverable provides real-time, searchable access to terabytes of engineering and construction information on tablets and mobile devices, reducing field errors by 70%.
- Oversaw software development of a custom solution for a core product using Agile methodology with a global programming team and offshore resources. The resulting application allows users to design and develop engineering content in 40% less time, a savings of $1.2M annually.
- Successfully salvaged a troubled large engagement. Assumed responsibility for a distressed, under-scoped project: turned it around with effective communication, tighter scope definition, and proactive risk management. The final deliverable was on-schedule and within budget and resulted in new sales.
- Conducted an intensive investigative and planning engagement involving stakeholders from across a Fortune 200 company. Authored a detailed assessment and project plan that delivered the basis for a subsequent $1M+ solutions engagement for 3D design that saved over $50M in changes and rework.
- Created a custom Business Intelligence (BI) database solution to coalesce disparate information from various platforms, including SharePoint and SAP to provide a comprehensive project dashboard that was available “on demand” to management, saving up to $500K annually in personnel cost.
- Piloted the roll-out of a global cloud-based Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool to comprehensively manage projects, resources, and finances. Improved the final deployment by defining specific process enhancements. Provided training and coaching to global colleagues during go-live.
- Key participant in the sales engagement cycle, leading the consulting delivery process of requirements gathering, scope creation, proposal development, project costing and contractual negotiations.
- Established a services delivery model to provide standardized consulting engagements for the US Army Corps of Engineers and contractors. The result significantly lowered sales costs and optimized resource availability.
Start-up organization developing custom computer-aided design software for the built environment. Acquired by Bentley Systems.
1996 — 1998
Director of Professional Services
- Led a team of product software developers and technical support analysts.
- Formulated the strategic direction of the product-to-market process, including coordination between development, documentation, certification, release, promotion, and distribution of the product.
- Lead Software Developer for a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) relational database application
- Deep knowledge of content management systems and database backends, specifically WordPress
- Software Consulting best practices per Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA)
University of Oklahoma
Bachelor of Architecture
- Five-year Professional Degree that provided both a deep and broad education in the field of architecture and environmental design.
- Course studies included architectural design, structural and mechanical engineering, landscape architecture, interior design, and construction science.
- Created a custom area of study in computer-aided design technology during the infancy of the technology; wrote my own Computer-Aided Design (CAD) application on a Tectronix 4010.
Project Management Certificate
- Communications Tools & Techniques
- Scheduling Tools & Techniques
- Tools & Techniques to Effectively Manage Cost, Risk and Scope
- Win-Win Negotiations
- Strategic Communications in the Workplace
- Essentials of Leadership for Managers
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Registered Architect, District of Columbia
- LEED Accredited Professional from the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI)
- Numerous Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) courses
- Project Management for Success (Harrisburg University)
- Leadership and Motivation Project Management Series (Keller Center for Learning)
- STEM/Engineering Mentor, Future City Competition